1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY for Premium Select Travertine Pavers and Travertine Pool Coping
Texas Travertine offers the original purchaser, a one (1) year limited warranty on properly installed Premium Select Travertine Pavers and Travertine Pool Coping by a qualified and licensed builder or contractor. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of Premium Select Grade (first quality) Travertine Paver and Pool Coping products. This warranty does not apply to Travertine Tiles. All products must be thoroughly inspected prior to installation. Travertine is a natural stone and therefore is subject to variation color and technical specifications. Technical Specifications listed on the Texas Travertine website are applicable only to the exact piece of stone tested and are meant as a general idea as to the strength, density and slip-resistance of the overall lot. When Technical Specifications are provided on a stone, it does not guarantee a specific performance for the overall lot of the stone. This warranty is valid only within the continental U.S.
This one-year limited warranty begins on the date of purchase and covers:
–Freeze/thaw cycle related cracking and breakage. Texas Travertine warrants that its Premium Select Travertine Pavers and Pool Coping will not incur cracks or breakage during a freeze/thaw cycle for one-year from the date of purchase. This warranty covers dry set (sand-set) installation only.
–Issues with thickness and calibration of Premium Select Travertine Pavers and Travertine Pool Coping. Texas Travertine warrants that its Premium Select Travertine Pavers and Travertine Pool Coping will be consistent in thickness and in calibration.
Limitations and Exclusions from The Limited Warranty:
The 1-Year Limited Warranty offered by Texas Travertine excludes any issues or occurrences caused by or arising from the following:
- Improper installation or installation by an unlicensed Contractor/Builder.
- Customer misuse, including; negligence, physical, or chemical abuse, improper use and/or maintenance of the product, or failure to follow recommended maintenance and care guidelines.
- Cracks and breakage due to ordinary wear and tear. Cracks and voids that appear due to normal use and wear can be easily repaired using sand and/ or silicone based epoxy. All of these variations and characteristics are common and present, to some degree and are part of the natural beauty of the stone. These characteristics will not impair the function or wearing qualities of the Travertine.
- Installation defects are not covered by this warranty.
- Mud-set or Mortar Installation and Grout-related problems. Texas Travertine does not recommend grout lines between travertine pavers and pool coping and will not provide warranty to clients who use grout.
- Any act or omission which could be reasonably expected to damage the product, including but not limited to; falling objects, abuse, negligence, fire, exposure to extreme temperature, extreme weight, improper product for application, or accident.
- Failure to protect the product from unique or unusual exposures, including but not limited to; moving appliances and/or moving furniture across the product.
- All Natural Stone, and especially Travertine, contain naturally occurring pits and pores which can vary in depth and diameter. Due to its rough surface, dirt, debris, and other residue can easily become lodged inside these pores and can, just as easily, be removed with a natural stone cleaner or poultice. These are not occurrences of a defect in the stone.
- Salt-water damage to Travertine Pavers. Travertine Pavers and Pool Coping that are used around salt-water pools must be protected with a salt-water protection sealer.
- This warranty does not cover installation, labor, or equipment costs incurred to remove or reinstall damaged and/or replacement products.
- Damages caused to a Travertine Paver or Pool Coping that has been modified to alter functionality or capability.
The original purchaser of the products must provide a written claim within ten (10) days of the discovery of the problem.
Texas Travertine will request detailed pictures of the project, proof that a licensed and insured installer was used, and copies of any and all receipts for materials and/ or work orders. Texas Travertine may send a representative to inspect the installation method and collect samples from the job site to be tested at an independent laboratory. If the test results show that the suggested installation methods were not used, the client may be responsible for the laboratory testing expenses. Failure to use dry-set installation or a flexible mortar product will result in an automatic denial of this warranty.
In the event of a defect or deterioration of the product, Texas Travertine will replace the defective product with a product of equal value. If Texas Travertine cannot replace the product or such replacement is not commercially practicable, Texas Travertine may, at its option, refund the purchase price of the damaged Travertine as reflected in the original invoice. Labor charges for the removal of product or installation of replacement product are specifically excluded from this warranty. In no event shall Texas Travertine be responsible or liable in contract or tort for any special, indirect or consequential damages, for loss of use, or for injury or damage caused to persons or property by reason of improper installation, maintenance, or use of the product. This limited warranty shall constitute the sole and full extent of Texas Travertine’s liability and replaces any and all other written or oral representations regarding the warranty of its products. A waiver by Texas Travertine of any term, condition, or obligation under this limited warranty shall not constitute a continuing waiver of any such term, condition, or obligation, or a waiver of any other term, condition, or obligation under this limited warranty.
In the event replacement material is necessary, Texas Travertine agrees to cover freight charges up to $1000 for transportation arranged only by Texas Travertine. Should client choose to use their own transportation company for replacement products, he/she will be responsible for the charges.
Procedure For Making A Claim
The original purchaser must notify Texas Travertine in writing within ten (10) days of the discovery of the defective product, but in no instance later than one year from the date of purchase. Texas Travertine shall then have the right to inspect the product on site, take pictures and collect samples of the defective product and materials that were used for installation of the pavers. No claim will be honored by Texas Travertine without Texas Travertine being first given the right to inspect the allegedly defective product. Failure to produce the product for inspection will render this warranty void in its entirety. In addition, a valid invoice and/or other documentation verifying purchase from Texas Travertine, a copy of the license and proof of fitness of your installer (builder/contractor) and proof of payment to your installer along with date of installation must be provided to Texas Travertine. Failure to produce such documentation will result in automatic denial of any warranty claim. Failure to use dry-set (sand-set) installation or a flexible mortar product will result in an automatic denial of this warranty.
To submit a warranty claim, please return a copy of the completed claim form:
6500 Long Point Rd, Houston, TX 77055
Texas Travertine will reply to all claims within 30 days from the date claim was received.
Travertine Care & Maintenance
Travertine is a quarried natural stone product. Travertine pavers and travertine pool coping are a natural rock formation, not artificially made. No two pieces are alike and there are inherent variances in all stone. These characteristics may be color and shade variations, irregular markings, voids, pitting, veins, and difference in density causing sheen variations. It is a standard practice to repair some of these variations by one or more of the following methods; waxing, grinding or filling with sand or silicone-based epoxy. Due to normal wear, cracks and voids may appear; these can be readily repaired using sand and/ or silicone based epoxy. All of these variations and characteristics are common and present, to some degree. However, these characteristics are part of the natural beauty of the stone and will not impair the function or wearing qualities of travertine.
This limited warranty is valid for all purchases made on or after March 24, 2014.